3.01.2009

Things That Are Better In Theory



So I got to eat at the White Castle burger chain twice on my recent eight-day, seven-state road trip to Cincinnati, and while the experience was satisfying during the eating part, it didn't really hold up "long-term" if you get my drift. Plus, both White Castles were fucking filthy. How hard is it to clean up the joint?

One other thing: as I was exiting the White Castle in Cincinnati, I saw a plaque commemorating the chain's 80 years in the Queen City. Kinda hard to give it "regional" status when it's been someplace else for 80 effin' years. Hell, I just found out at wikipedia that it was founded in Kansas. Say, what?!?

1 comment:

wednesday said...

Do you not get even the meagerly slice of tomato and bed of yellowish iceberg lettuce on the White Castle burger? What is the draw? I'm baffled.