11.04.2008

Line Of One


As you can tell from the picture above, my experience isn't indicative of everybody else's across this grand country of ours, but I pulled up to my voting location, got me and my son and the DS and my book out of the car, walked into the building and saw a line of none. Let me reiterate: I walked in, signed, voted, fed my vote into the machine and left. And I got to maintain tradition.

Now I get to resume the tradition of watching television all day and night and yelling at the morons on the box. I predicted a landslide for the last few months, but I'm extremely nervous today.

PS. Did you know that 98% of all eligible voters in the state of Michigan are registered? That's just friggin' amazing.

4 comments:

shalulah said...

Did you get your free cup of joe from Starsucks? How about your free scoop from Ben & Jerry's (between 5-8 PM)? Have there ever been this many corporate perks to vote?

wednesday said...

I voted early because I could and because I believe that the kinks, obstructions, red-tape and down-right f-ed up boners of the last election have been ironed out. I trust it. But what matters is the act of voting and Michigan has the right idea. Doesn't matter when or how. Everyone must exercise the right that was fought for by so many and denied by so many more for well over a century.

And I really don't feel overly nervous. If Mc-you-know-who somehow pulls a rabbit out of his hat ... well, I might move to Canada and become a hippie, or "hippy" as some choose to spell the word (... not sure why).

djpegleg said...

Aw, c'mon. I was just taking the piss.

As for my spelling, well, I would direct you to the following discussion:

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/archive/index.php/t-267725.html

pay special attention to the final two posts as they both could be excellent reasons for my spelling choice. *wink*

wednesday said...

You're such a card. *wink*

In Dutch, it's definitely hippie.